- These pliers are not as easy to find–and not as well known–as regular roundnose pliers, and I don’t know WHY. They’re easy to use, and give you perfect results with repetitive wire loop-making, and they are strong enough for making the finishing loops in heavy memory wire.
- One side of the nose is a classic round nose shape, and the other side is a concave shape that bends your wire in a perfect half-circle around the ‘nose’. Simply move the pliers one or two more times around, and you will have a complete circle. Then use these pliers to gently yet securely grip your loop in one of your hands, while you use your other hand and some chain nose pliers to wrap the end of your wire around the base of the loop.
- Because these sturdy pliers do the actual pressing on the wire, you can loop tough memory wire with a couple of firm squeezes.
- With just a little practice, you will quickly master the use of these fantastic pliers, and I know you will love them.
- NOTE: Suitable for wire gauges up to 18 Gauge. Can be used with larger wire, but the risk of scratching the wire increases.
- Measurements: Pliers are 5 inches long, tip is 2mm at the narrowest point. Sturdy box joint construction. Leaf spring.
- NOTE: These pliers are intended for beading and other fine hobby work. Not recommended for heavy duty applications such as automotive, home improvement, or maritime use.
- PROP 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov